Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #4
ICEing
Hugh Mungus WOT??

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Convertible Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Fact! From my M6 experince as to acceleration:

5th gen bolton M6 LS3 = stock 5th gen M6 ZL1 = stock CA6 SS M6

All three of these cars ran 12.3 for me with the LS3 bolton being slightly the fastest.

And all three were really fun to drive. The ZL1 was the most fun as it just has a bad a$$ presence with some super charger whine. The 1LE as a bolton car was a blast. And the CA6 SS was most like a sports muscle car with modern electronics.

Based on the fun factor:
  1. 5th gen ZL1
  2. CA6 SS
  3. 5th gen 1LE

Based on a smart $$ purchase:
  1. 5th gen ZL1
  2. 5th gen 1LE
  3. CA6 SS

While I do really enjoy driving the CA6 SS I do miss the ZL1. But I do not miss the Recaros in the ZL1. I fit in them but they were definitely more confining on long trips.

Right now if something happened to my CA6 SS, I would be in the market for a 5th gen ZL1. Or maybe a used 6th gen ZL1 once they are out there.

Something about the ZL1 sticks in my mind just like that girl you used to know ......

LOL
Wow this was quite detailed. Thanks for the post! I do love the whine of a supercharger. One of the best sounds from a car. Plus having the extra HP seems really fun, and I like the ZL1 styling. But I also love the 6th Gen SS and want one in a different color/hardtop as well. I may have to somehow test drive a ZL1.
ICEing is offline   Reply With Quote