View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #4
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
I’ve searched for months to try to find the color for the red 6 piston Brembo brake upgrade so I could have the rear calipers powder coated to match. I contacted several Camaro6 forum members, followed lead after lead, ordered a bunch of (21) samples and swatches, and purchased a color analyzer for my iPhone. The last samples that I received seemed all very close. so I needed a way to narrow the list down. I scanned the Brembos with the color analyzer for reference and selected the top 8 visually and scanned those samples, and then ranked them by (RGB) color numbers from 1 to 8 and visually compared the top 4 to the Brembos. I ranked the samples visually and it aligned perfectly to the ranking from the color analysis. I asked my wife to do the same, and she selected them in the exact same order. The top three were all extremely close and would have been very acceptable.

So what do you think?

He did A LOT of leg work to get this figured out. There are thousands of reds on Prismatc's website. I didn't have the time to deal with it so I basically gave up.

Thank you for doing this Wranklin!
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote