View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 11:07 AM   #46
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by USe-car View Post
Why not? I was told the same thing when I purchased my Corvette. If the car has the necessary clearance, if the tires fit in the channel, if the car wash brushes are not too harsh, then why not? I've taken the Corvette through numerous automatic car washes and nothing has happened. The Expel has not pulled off. The paint still looks fantastic. Everything is good. So, why not?
There's a much higher chance you'll "curb" your wheels doing this. I did that on my 2010 Camaro SS with the front wheel and that was a puny little 245 on a 8" wheel. I ran my 2016 SS through a tractor fed auto one, once. and only once. I don't want to repeat that again.

Plus, if you're marginally close on the tracks/height, do you really want to risk hundreds to thousands in repairs if you're off by 0.5" and you shatter the front splitter or jack up your wheels?

Same with tractor fed ones.. I've been down some that were stop/go and jerky when doing it and one kept bouncing my tire between the two sides of the railing.

While it's possible to do, it's recommended not to. In fact, the 1LE/ZL1 manuals actually tell you not to.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote