View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:34 AM   #5
'Merica

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by deButler View Post
Traffic is definitely one of the biggest factors you want to consider in deciding where to locate. If you were only driving to the beltway eight loop from the woodlands the traffic is not as bad as going all the way into downtown. From downtown out to the beltway can get backed up during high traffic times.

There is a really good Camaro club in Houston. Check out the H–Town Camaro club webpage. A really great group of folks and lots of fun events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interceptor View Post
I think it really depends on where you are going to be working.

The woodlands is a pretty dense area with its own set of traffic challenges. While you are looking, check out the Kingwood area. It's convenient to the woodlands thanks to the newly opened Grand Parkway. Like the Woodlands, lots of trees and trails to choose from.

Where ever you end up, pay close attention to water runoff. We get some pretty good gully washers when the skies open up!

As for local meets, I'm still looking for them myself. ☺

Regardless, welcome to the Lone Star State!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljc View Post
I'll say welcome now before you arrive! Since you'll need a "tour" guide, bring me a Dogo Argentino puppy and I'll show you everything and place in H-town.
Thanks everyone... Our office is just East of Aldine and about a few miles South of the Sam Houston Toll and Airport.

So far, we are looking in Spring, The Woodlands, and one place over in the Houston Groves/Lake Houston community. It seems like the office isn't in the greatest of areas for commuting.

We are in our late 20's so we don't really do the party scene too much anymore, but it'd be nice to have a bunch of things to do around us. That's why we were leaning towards The Woodlands. After looking more closely, living in Downtown just seems like it will break the bank and will have us end up living in traffic lol
'Merica is offline   Reply With Quote