View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #7

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
My eyebrow goes up at the seats delete, and NHRA rules stuff.

It occurs to me that, at least where drag racing is concerned...there's only so far you can take a street car before it doesn't make any sense. Seems like you're sacrificing go-fast things just to keep it "street legal".

Enter...COPO.

When you down into the really fast times....you've got to be willing to make the leap to a true drag racing car, and stop with the street-legal nonsense. At which point someone might be able to make their own for less $$.
I agree....going full tilt drag strip and street legal seems very impractical...
The drive it to the track, drive it home attraction seems lacking in this Demon and appears more doable with Camaros....Then at a certain point, the COPO route is the way to go....Probably one of the reasons COPOs were never considered being made street legal...

I just don't see someone setting up this Demon to run 9.99 or lower, only to make one pass and be told put a roll-bar in it, or don't come back....

(The badge of honor NHRA ban letter, may even preclude any passes without a roll-bar).....Would anyone seriously buy this 9 second car and not be able to run at an NHRA track?....

It will be interesting to see how Hagerty handles this...roll bars and air bags don't mix...and I doubt anyone will be removing a roll-bar for street driving...

We'll see....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote