View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 03:03 PM   #13
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
How'd it go, guys? Did the rain hold off? I'm looking forward to the next one!

JT, you can run in my SS anytime if you need a car, although my tyres aren't good in the cold or the wet, so it probably won't serve you any better than yours. Always welcome, though!
It was fantastic! The course was really awesome. I ran in the second heat before the rain started. Couldn't quite keep up with the M3 I am always battling against, but as my excuse I do need new tires and he is currently running a new set of Bridgestone RE-71r's. (would it have made the difference, I don't know but it would have closed the gap) I did however beat the Boss 302 that beat me at the end of the 2015 season, and I was running competitive times with the guys I hang out with that run in STS with some very fast Miata's.

I appreciate the offer and may take you up on that some day this season. If you keep at this I envision you upgrading to some legit autocross tires like the RE-71r's at some point. Our new sponsor for CCR has some great deals on tires and they just announced they are installing a new state of the art racing alignment system. My second place finish this weekend is pushing me towards getting those tires sooner than later now.

I also got to do an instructor lap for one of our novices in a 2013 Corvette 427 vert. Hell of a car even in the pouring rain with nannies off. (no I didn't spin it)