View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #27
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
I hear what you're saying. One of the reasons I've always changed my own. I know no one else is going to do it with the attention to detail that I do. How many of these places prefill the new oil filter before putting it on, or even rub a little oil on the seal like you're supposed to?

The thing with this car is, those 2 oil changes aren't cheap. 10 quarts of synthetic oil and a filter runs around $70-80. So that's roughly $150 you're saving if you leave out the labor because you change your own.
Yes, I always have maintained my vehicles from day one. I still have my '95 Vette that outside of a few Warranty issues (leaking shocks/leaking weatherstripping), no one has ever touched that car except me and she runs beautifully. No one is going to care for our cars like we would ourselves. No rushing, no skipped steps, no mess, etc.

I understand on the cost of the oil changes. With both of my Vettes, they have been Mobil 1 straight from the factory, so I am familiar with the high cost :( ...but on the other hand, I historically keep all of my cars for a long time and if they did something negative to my car (joy riding, ding it, scratch it, etc) then that free oil change is no longer free. I will probably change my mind back and forth 10 times before my first oil change is due, but in the end I might just eat the $160 for materials of two oil changes...my labor is priceless, so we won't count that (lol...j/k).

So I read that somewhere else before...10 quarts??...yikes...I thought that was a typo the first time someone posted that...that is alot of oil
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote