Old 03-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #64
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
We should start a poll. Is this car?

A) A 2019 mid-cycle refresh?
B) An upcoming Z/28?
C) A turbo I-4 1LE?
D) None of the above?

Personally, I'd go with choice "A." They are trying awfully, awfully hard to cover the front and rear, and as somebody said, there are obviously some artificial structures underneath that camo to keep it looking boxy and hide any design lines. Look back upon the original ZL1 or the later ZL1 1LE spy pics, and you'll find they weren't nearly as aggressive at trying to cover this up even though those cars have pretty distinct aero and splitters that they did have to hide a bit. The extent of the camo on this car more closely matches that of the original 2016 Camaro seen on test mules before the 6th gen was ever officially revealed.

Choice B falls apart pretty quickly because the brakes and other components don't seem nearly beefy enough. In addition, its been strongly suggested that the ZL1 1LE which was just announced will effectively be a stand-in for the Z/28, with Chevy not opting to offer an NA engine Z/28 like in the 5th gen. Despite the title of this thread, I don't think this is a Z car.

Choice C falls apart for the same reason choice A seems likely. The camo is way overdone in excess of anything they'd do if this was simply a Turbo I-4 1LE. There would be no reason at all to conceal the front end that dramatically, as the front fascia would basically be the same.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote