View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #287
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Would like to second that, with regards to a conversation I had with Matt Scrase (sp?) about the same thing.

Of course we'll have to wait for proof to sooth the doubters...but they are extremely confident...and well aware of the Z06 troubles. I can't help but doubt they'd be so confident with that cloud looming, if they weren't sure.
I get that it isn't exactly the same as a ZL1, but I drove my SS with an LT4 on some pretty hot days last summer (laptop attached). The IAT2 stayed really close to the IAT, so in general I agree that the ZL1 should be covered in the cooling department.

I will say however, running the car hard and then shutting it off for 15 or 20 minutes caused the coolant to heat soak. This is because a large percentage of the coolant sits right at the top of the engine (no reservoir) and the coolant pump doesn't run. I'm not sure if the ZL1 supercharger coolant pump runs anytime the engine fan is running, but if it doesn't this will be a problem.

After re-firing the engine the IAT2 would be 140-150, which causes the ECM to pull 4.0 - 6.5 degrees of timing for the 10 minutes or so it takes to cool back down.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote