Thread: FI and Meth
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 10:49 AM   #144
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
I mean......if I spent all this money going F/I

I literally cannot fathom how anyone could just run out of meth.
You would be surprised....

I have had a customer call me that was out racing and goes "dude the tunes got something wrong with it, it just laid over and won't restart"

I drive out there, only to find.... he had run it out of GAS!

Think about that for a moment, he was out racing beating on it with a tank super crazy low, to the point of running it dead empty during a WOT pull. Imagine how lucky he is to even have a motor at this point. LOL.

My rule of thumb, never push on the "loud pedal" with less then 1/4 tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Is that a trade secret? Is it a nugget you would be willing to share with the group?
Not really.

Every tuner has his ways of doing things. I don't care to get into an internet debate on whats the best, or wrong or right. I know what works for me, been using it for 15 years now, all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Relying on the human factor to pull through. But he did say that they would notice and take action, hopefully.
When the nose of the car drops, and you feel like your foot came off the gas.
You will notice. LOL. Now if a person stays in the throttle....well then, they should have the car removed from them, and start a new hobby like stamp collecting.

A person always has to remember to "respect the power" and understand how it feels when everything is perfect, to know that when something doesn't "feel right"... it usually means it isn't.

Thankfully thats rare these days, but you never know.
Even "bad gas" does happen. (way way way more often then "bad meth" lol)
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote