View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 06:09 AM   #83
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
This a private event, but most NHRA tracks will let 16 with a valid license race full sized vehicles. Most of the tracks I have been to require a guardian to sign for someone under 18. I have a 2012 2LT so if I can help in any way find me and we will make this a great first time to the dragstrip. I'm 55 but still remember being a newbie at the dragstrip and being afraid to ask questions. So you can PM me on here or find me at the Fest and we can talk about how to stage, reaction times and JUST HAVING FUN legal racing. Have fun and enjoy.
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdsikk View Post
Well, I just booked the hotel so we will be making a family trip out of it and attending our first Camarofest!! I'm trying to decide whether to try the drag racing but this would be my first time at a track so I'm a little concerned over it. My car has a turbo and I guess I would be in the super modified class. From the posts I've read it doesn't appear that me being a newbie at this and still learning would be an issue...

Since this will be a family trip, my son is going to bring his 2LT Camaro. Does anyone know if there are age restrictions for racing at the track? He is 16 and has an unrestricted license.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote