View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #42
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
Very cool! I really dig the contrast with black ground effects on the stick car, but if I was going to do a wrap, I'd have a hard time deciding between contrast or color match now.
I don't think you can go wrong either way. I know a lot of guys are attracted to the contrast, but for whatever reason imo, the rocker/splitter/diffuser contrast works better on the Z06s. Then again, I'm just not a fan of my cars looking too 'busy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

I assume they took the mirrors, door handles, and wing off to properly wrap the car? How does it look inside the door sills and under the hood? Just curious if it terminates "cheaply" or not.

Sorry for the 20 questions, you've really piqued my interest.

I definitely would go for contrast, but that's just me.
Yep, they took off all of the above, the supercharger cover, and the rockers. With a black base car, both the engine bay and door sills look great. It also helps that the black interior fuses well with the original black paint. I personally think that it would be worth the additional expense to at least wrap the sills if your new wrap isn't black nor is your original paint color black. Getting into and out of the car would look strange with this random colored sill that doesn't match your exterior or interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Runs Deep View Post
Not wasting any time huh bro? Looks badass man can't wait to see it again!
Ha Ha. None whatsoever. Like so many others, I'm always searching for a reason to get it on the road, so you'll be seeing me really soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGC1 View Post
That looks totally badass, I dig it. I may look into it, if nothing else to preserve the perfect paint into the 7-15yr mark.

So I know nothing about wraps, but you mentioned the paint remaining perfect underneath... After 5-7 years, will there be any difficulty in removing the wrap yourself, or would that be another job to be done by the pros?
Thank you sir. Keep in mind, the wrap can actually last the life of the car if you take care of it and don't do stuff like running it through an automated car wash. But a lot of people won't be that attentive, hence the 5-7 typical lifespan. I was advised to rub denatured alcohol via a microfiber cloth after I wash it every couple of weeks. That helps blend minuscule scratches our eyes may not even be able to see into the rest of the wrap.

And yes, you'll want to get a professional to remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
DUDE! right the HELL ON!!! Looks amazing, bud. I was told by my guy that few shops are wrapping the ZL1 due to having to take so many parts off. Did your installer have any qualms? Also, that rear window is a super-bitch unless you take out the deck.
Thx a bunch man. The only headache they had involved the supercharger dome. Because it's carbon fiber and they didn't want to damage it, they actually had someone from the chevy service dept remove that. There's no way wrap it with it affixed to the rest of the hood. Other than that, it was business for them as usual.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote