View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 12:08 PM   #12
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
You, and apparently a lot of other people, are missing the point of the V6 1LE. According to GM, the V6 1LE weighs 3490 pounds while the SS weighs 300 pounds more. That is a huge difference. When it comes to actually driving on a track, 300 fewer pounds translates into better handling, less wear on tires and brakes, and with the V6, a lot less gas being used, and it will be regular, not premium. A V6 1LE will be a lot cheaper, and more fun than an SS on the track. Track days are not about raw times, they are about safely learning your limits and having fun without going broke.

I'm sorry that magazine writers who drive 500+HP cars all day long think a car that does 13 second 1/4 miles is only "adequate". I'd like to take them back to the glory days of muscle cars and go head to head in a V6 Camaro against 90% of what were considered to be scary-fast muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. They might be surprised to find out the that vast majority of legendary muscle cars couldn't get into the 13's unless they were dropped off a cliff, even with proper slicks. They weren't that fast, just really loud and fun. I was there. Not only were the cars not that fast, the really scary thing about them was trying to stop them or go around a corner.

These are the golden years of sports cars, ladies and gentlemen. Take advantage while you can.

BTW, anyone who sees a deal on a 1LS/1LE with Recaros, PM me.
There is no 3,790 pound SS.. SS 1LE is close I guess, but an SS starts at 3,685.. So, you could have an SS which has the same suspension bits as v6 1LE within 200 pounds. Also, the v6 is closer to 14 seconds than 13. Not trying to be a negative nancy, just pointing out facts.

As far as engine power goes, I don't see how it's underpowered. Underpowered because handling is that good? Maybe.. That's why you step up to the SS I guess.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote