View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #37
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
So just apply ONR with a sponge to a section, and dry it with a towel and that's it? No detail spraying, etc, etc? Wow...I need to do this on my car when I get it. Will make it so much easier to maintain. Plus no more bi-yearly waxing/polishing?!
For rinseless or waterless wash I recommend Meguires D114. I have used most waterless and rinseless washes on coated cars, D114 is the best. Many leave streaks, or hazing behind, so once coated you may try some different brands. Basically coatings like nothing on top, however there are some exceptions such as hybrid waxes and detail sprays designed for coatings.

For after care I recommend D114 for waterless/rinseless
Gyeon cure or Kamikaze overcoat for maintenance spray
Gyeon Bathe+ for traditional washing with two buckets

Also it is best to blot dry the car with a top shelf microfiber if using waterless or rinseless. For traditional blow dry, followed by blot dry where necessary.

Coating will swirl out just like the clear if washed, or dried improperly, and these are the two areas where 90% of paint damage occurs. If your going to wipe dry make sure that you have a top shelf clean microfiber, and use a drying aid such as Gyeon cure, overcoat, or car pro reload. Reload works well as a drying aid, but can be tricky to use as a maintenance spray on a dry car.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote