View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Co2SS

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel ZL1 M6
Hail is definitely my biggest weather worry living here in Denver. However, I think you should be OK driving the Camaro. The vast majority of hail days happen here in June and July. Extremely hot days that end in BIG, hail-producing T-storms are very common in early to mid-summer. By August, especially late August there aren't hail storms very often. And the higher you go into the mountains the colder the air is and the hail chances go down significantly. Now with all that said there is still a chance but not one that I would leave the Camaro home because of. Your biggest threat is the eastern plains of Colorado between Kansas and Denver. That area is much more hail prone. I drive with several large blankets in the trunk during hail season. If worse comes to worse I would pull over and cover the car with blankets to absorb the impacts. It will work. If you cross the eastern plains in the morning, before noon, you will not see hail. It is a 1pm-sundown thing here. Bring the Camaro, have a great time and message me if you'd like to go see some of the best twisty roads we have. We can cruise a pair of Camaros thru the hills.
Co2SS is offline   Reply With Quote