Thread: Turbo vs Turbo
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #36
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRedFirebird View Post
What a stupid article.

Handicapped the Stang with 87 (I don't care what EPA ratings say). Look at those awful acceleration numbers.
Picked wrong Camaro (should have been V6)
Not apples-to-apples in tires (all-seasons vs summer)

Also had some sort of "hero" Camaro 2.0T? It was fast, or faster, than many V6's tested. Not sure how they produced those acceleration numbers. Even a fluke 0-60 shouldn't have given them the quarter mile time they pulled.

C&D's comparison of "base" pony cars was a thousand times better.
Don't remember C&D doing a comparison of the base cars. They compared a 2LT V6 and a EB PP Premium I believe. Which the numbers in that review were quite different than when they reviewed the cars individually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That's really cool info regarding the tire swap. Definitely proves some things...Is there a link to that update you can share?

Chevy states that the Camaro 4 cyl is pitted best against Mustang V6. And that the Camaro V6 is pitted best against the Mustang T4.

But many of the media types at the event dismissed this concept, which I thought was a little arrogant of them to do...but, I suppose there is some truth to the idea that customers may shop engine v engine in dealers...
The part about swapping tires was at the bottom of the main article when I saw it.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote