View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #8
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I truly do love the porting job on my TB and IM, Ruben @ SoCal Porting did a fantastic job and it's not a hack job. It's SMOOOOOOOTH, no lip, no bumps, no nothing. Hell, when we first started the car, started up just like stock, no idle issues, no nothing and I have 4k miles on the car since the ported TB/IM, still going on strong. Beauty of porting OEM parts, OEM ftw!

No idea about the power of the ported TB, I would assume like 3-4 rwhp but porting TB's isn't all about power, it is just a building step that works extremely well with more efficient intake/IM/exhaust. I am not after "get as much power as possible". I am just after a much more efficiency breathing vehicle and as close to stock as possible for warranty and reliability purposes. Not that aftermarket isn't reliable, it can be but it NEVER will be as reliable as OEM plus will never have the warranty. If I were after power, I would've already had ADM do a full LT4 swap and other goodies to hit 800+ to the wheels. But I CAN tell you that ported TB and ported IM really did wake the car up, you can feel the air flow being much better under WoT amd I am still on stock tune, it'll be even better with a tune but still waiting on Diablo to release their software so my tuner can get it done. I still have the stock klenex intake too, and stock headers with stock xpipe (with cat delete but it's replaced with 2.5 and not 2.75) which will be replaced, hopefully soon.
Sounds good!

I was considering it only for improved throttle response, Im good with the power.... For now.... Haha

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote