View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 08:17 AM   #284
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
No. Stop right there. You can't compare those two cars. At least the M4 had almost the same dimensions, weight, etc... including similar power and it's the German version of a muscle car.

The Cayman is in no way similar to a Camaro. For starters, it starts under 3k lbs. That right there puts it 2 classes removed. The Cayman is over a foot shorter in length, and the wheelbase is 13" shorter in the PCar also.

--kC
HAHA! You guys are killing me!

I didn't realize there was rules to bench racing. Isn't that all we are doing while we wait for GM to throw us another bone?

I mentioned a while back how cool it was that this Camaro will outperform an Aston V8 Vantage and some other higher class cars. I promptly got laid into by some of the rent-a-cops around here. I was told that I was dumb for saying that a Camaro was a better car than the Aston, when I said no such thing.

Contrary to some of your guys beliefs on here, a faster car isn't always a better car.

So to clarify. I'm saying the 1LE will be hunting around the Cayman GT4 laptime territory. Thats it! I'm not saying they are evenly matched. I'm not saying the 1LE is a better car. I'm only saying it will be punching well above its weight class! (METAPHORICALLY)

This is what this car was built for. It was built to perform above its price range and raise eyebrows at the track. I think it will do just that. But don't fool yourselves and think that anyone who owns and M4, GT4, or a V8 Vantage will decide they must trade down to a 1LE if they do in fact get out run by one on track.