View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #45
Brutus2

Drives: White 2016 Camaro SS 1ss A/8 MR NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
And the Corvette is a car with a richer and longer history whats your point. I had a Mustang GT, a performance car with a rich history as well, but it was just a mustang. It wasn't a Corvette. Corvette's to me are special.

Corvette has always held a special place in my heart. I guess a Vette would be my dream car so like I said given the choice of a Corvette (for a second vehicle) or a Camaro. I am taking the Corvette 100% of the time
I was minutes away from purchasing a used 2007 Corvette with 28k miles for $30k w/TTL. I took it to a well-reputed speed shop for a check-up and he said the car was in great shape but that I should be aware that a valve/head job would be necessary soon and should be done before 36k miles...and while in there he would replace the rods and maybe even do a cam/head upgrade to get about 460hp.

i figured after the labor and parts/tune I would in for about 34k....I figured screw it and bought the 1ss with 455 hp for 37.5 k and still have the warranty of 3/36/ 5yr/50 powertrain. I know the Corvette would be faster all the way around than the Camaro due mostly to the power to weight ratio but the new car vs used car outweighed it for me as I love both cars
Brutus2 is offline   Reply With Quote