View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #33
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
So, now I'm confused - you sold your performance modified LS3 because of concerns about reliability especially valve train failures (if I remember right you popped a valve spring) but yet you are advising others that the LS3 is rock solid.
The LS3 engine is rock solid. Meaning that when stock OR somewhat stock. That engine will last many years of running perfect/near perfect. It will also be easy to repair.

My car was modded, any car modded you are going to worry about something going wrong.

I broke a AFTERMARKET spring, because i revved my engine cold. You seriously cant blame a failure on a aftermarket part with regards to the LS3 engine being reliable.

the new LT1, people are predicting that engine will have problems when you start putting miles on it. I was told from people on the corvette forum that by 20k miles i should start seeing power loss because of direct injection carbon build up. Over the miles the loss becomes greater....

People left and right recommend adding catch cans, and run cleaners through the engine. Just to keep the factory power. I don't expect my engine to run forever, but i at least expect it to run good for 80k-100k miles.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote