View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 07:37 PM   #24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This pretty much sums up my thinking.

If they are going the N/A Route. I see something ala LS1 to LS6. A hot LT1 if you will. Just based on GM past history of sharing engines, I don't see them making a unique engine for the Camaro. Sorry, I just don't see it.

LSA = 5th Gen ZL1, previous CTS-V
LS7 First Z06, then Z/28
LS3 Camaro and Corvette
LT1, Camro and Corvette
LT4, Z06, ZL1 and CTS-V

The only GM vehicle to get a unique engine was the ZR1 with the LS9.

Also I see alot of people saying 550 or more N/A. It's getting a lot harder to do that N/A with emissions standards.
I don't see a unique engine for the Z/28 either....

...Also, I don't think it will be an issue with how expensive or streetable the Z/28 will be...There are enough models including 1LE and ZL-1 to make everybody happy....The Z/28 will be for the track-rat-only buyer....I think it will have an LT-4 with weight, suspension (including tires and wheels), the kitchen sink, all for performance above the ZL-1 and GT-R....

The 1LE is a step up in performance from the SS with the same engine...The Z/28 will be a step up in performance from the ZL-1 with the same engine...

As expensive as it will be anyway, a unique z/28 engine can't be justified for the small amount that will be sold....

P.S. That monster rear wing shown in the spy-pics tells me the engine will be the highest hp and speed available (LT4) and it will be on the lightest weight Camaro (Z/28)....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote