View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 01:46 AM   #24
AlwaysAmerican

Drives: 15 Silverado, 15 Corvette 2LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963 View Post
This will be a bit of a read so bear with me.

We picked up our 2016 2SS on Monday the 7th. This was after a 41 day wait for the car to arrive to the dealership after we bought it (another story).

On startup at the dealership when idling the car feels like its missing. I thought maybe it just needs to be broken in or rough idle as the LT1 is known for. This though seems more of a miss than a rough idle. I've had big cammed cars and performance vehicles in the past and this just doesn't seem like a rough idle. You can even hear it in the exhaust every few seconds.

Then on the 34 mile drive home the CEL came on, flashed for a few minutes then turned off. I put my ELM327 on the port to see if there were any codes which there was not-maybe a hidden code I can't see with my cheap adapter?

Since day one when accelerating while driving the transmission (A8) stutters like crazy before taking off. It does this every time you hard accelerate while moving. Doesn't seem to do it from a dead stop. The stutter is massive to the point of moving you around in the seat before it takes off. In manual mode it shifts fine without any stutter.

I am very curious what you all think about these issues before taking it in the dealer. Am I jumping the gun with only 100 miles on the car? These issues, especially the transmission doesn't seem like something a break in will resolve.

I did read almost every thread in this section to see if I was missing something. I'm tempted to check every plug, unplug and plug it back in as that seems to cause some issues with other peoples vehicles. At the same time I don't know if I should go rooting around with a brand new (100 mile) car then catch flack at the dealership/warranty.

Do you guys think pulling the battery cable to reset everything would do anything-that used to be a quick fix when odd things were going on.

Thanks in advance!
I had the same problem. Ended up being that I had bad valves/lifters.
Then it persisted a bit after the dealership only replaced the right side.
So I drove the s*** out of it, WOT runs on empty streets, basically driving it like I stole it to have the CEL come on and stay on.

Took it to a different service dept and they "re-flashed" the computer.

Hopefully I'm not too late on chiming in, I only read your original post.
Here's to hoping that this info help!