View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Impressions after 24hrs of ownership

Picked up my Nightfall Grey 2016 Camaro SS on Thursday and this is the first day I've really been able to get out and drive it. Thursday and Friday the temps were too cold to drive the car due to the summer tires that GM equips the car with.

So after driving it around today I can say this car is amazing! I traded in a 2009 Z06 for the SS so I was concerned the power wouldn't be enough for me. Boy was I wrong! This thing has a ton of torque down low and just builds as the RPMs rise. I'm taking it easy until the break in period is over but you can feel the wave of torque as you give it some gas in the upper gears. It's especially noticeable as my car has the A8 transmission.

The A8 trans is outstanding in automatic mode with it downshifting at the rght time so your always in the power and ready to rip. In manual mode there is a bit of a delay when using the paddles but I'm sure that can be made better with a tune. I'll most likely leave it auto mode most of the time as it works so well.

The handling is amazing! My car has MRC and the ability to go from a touring/cruising setting to the track setting is like having multiple vehicles in one car. My Z06 was stiff all the time and with the Goodyear Runcraps the ride could be described as "nervous" on anything but smooth pavement. The Camaro is just so composed and feels so solid. I love it.

The electronics I haven't really played with yet. I haven't even turned on the radio yet if you can believe that. I did pull the fuse for NPP and installed my Range Device but that's about it electronics wise. Waiting for my Vitesse Throttle Controller to come in so I can try that out.

Tomorrow is full detail day and picture day. Then I just need the weather to cooperate so I can drive the car more.
Attached Images

Current Vehicle:
2001 C5 Corvette

Previous Cars:
2009 C6 Z06
2008 C6 Z51 PKG
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote