View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 09:49 PM   #13
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
Wish it was that simple. The dealer said eff off. I mean that's not a direct quote but I am not sure how else to take "find a local dealer and if they need to talk to me (says the GM of the dealership that sold the car) just have them call" Leaving my wife with the question of WTF good would that do??? They are going to call him and he is going to say what "yeah we sold the car but we just don't want to deal with a defective $49,000 car so we are going to pass the buck to your dealership"

And unacceptable is an understatement. We traded in a perfect condition 2015 4runner with all the toys on it with under 14k miles on it with 9k in positive equity. I've been making double or triple payments on it to pay it off with her knowing. I knew she wanted to get back into a sports car but I didn't know it would be this soon. Plus I gave her another 6k so we would have around 15k down going into the deal and I was going to get it tinted/coated and clear bra'd. I wanted to surprise her because a year ago she ordered me a custom jeep for my 40th birthday as a thank you. I traded in my prized jeep years ago so she could get a car with better mpg. So I wanted to surprise her back with a big chunk of her new car being paid off from the start. She is an outstanding wife that has stuck thru thick and thin with me and I just wanted to do something special for her.

Now I have a partial painted, scratched up car with under 200 miles that the dealer wants no part of, that my supremely pissed off wife wants nothing to do with and I keep listening to the sound of all my hard work and the positive equity in the garage fly away into the night. Thanks General Motors!
I would get a lawyer and also that paint job is under warranty. Overall did you not see any of this before taking delivery? It seems hard to believe you wouldn't have pointed out a lot of this. I know I did and my dealer vowed to make it right.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote