View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...How can you decide if you want one or not without knowing the price?...
Well...you can't order one just yet - so there's time before price becomes absolutely necessary. And if the car is even on your radar...it's worth waiting a couple of months for that information. Generally...price is the last thing the company finalizes in the car-making process....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
I was reading Road and Track or Motortrend and they are saying the Recaros are optional not standard. Some conflicting reports.
The official word is: Standard on SS. Optional on 1LT/2LT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Based on what exactly? You are saying the 1LE would outrun a 5th gen Z/28.
You know...and don't kill me for saying this....I think this car will cause some insecurity issues in a some sensitive Z/28 owners...It may not be as fast, but it's gonna be REAL close!

Also note - this car is not officially targeted at the GT350...Ford intended for that to be their "Z/28"...relatively different purposes: One is supposed to be a dedicated track car only; and the other is an affordable, albeit potent track-day toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
No auto kills it for me. I won't be getting this. The damn Corvette Z06 has the auto... like come on. I'm sure the ZL1 will have the auto but the 1LE is the nice 'in between' price range. I'll just get an SS an upgrade. Maybe a used ZL1 or something way down the line.
Options, options....