View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 03:02 PM   #92
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Looks great!
Does this arrangement require holes to be drilled on the underside?

Keep me updated. I am waiting for a 2LT

Thanks!
On the 5th gen there were some existing bolts on the bottom of the fascia that screwed into the bottom of the core support, no extra drilling was needed.

Old pic showing SS bracket attached at pre existing bolt locations. I supply longer and stronger bolts to replace the factory ones that are removed to install the bracket.

Here is a better view of the bent and flat styles from the top down to get a better idea of the difference between the two.

Bent style

Flat style.

I am going to concentrate on the bent style first because it has always been extremely popular compared to the flat.

At this point, I don't know if I am going to be doing an "under the fascia" bracket, or one that attaches to the grill... The 6th gen does have a couple bolts that I could attach something to, but they don't bolt into anything structural like the 5th gen did. I may be able to make a "lighter" duty bracket that utilizes these holes.

I may be making a "spring loaded" bracket that will easily attach to the lower grill... The big benefit to going this route would be that the bracket and front plate could easily be installed/removed in seconds for car shows/racing/photo shoots etc.

I will be making and testing prototypes of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseW View Post
I live in Texas too.
These days, I'd say most of the brackets I sell actually go to Texas. I hear they are very strict on the front plate laws.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote