View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #5
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Still debating if an 1LE doesn't happen and I end up ordering an SS if I should get the MRC (and hope for lowering springs), or skip it, and use that money towards some nice aftermarket struts/shocks/springs or coilovers? My car will not be my daily driver, and will see drag strip and road course (plus autocross) time. I do not really care if the ride is able to be adjusted to soft, so that aspect of MRC doesn't apply to me...thoughts?
I was at the find new roads event and I actually had a GM Engineer demo the MRC for me. They had an MRC shock hooked to a 2-3 foot long lever for the person to compress and feel the damping capabilities. He set it to tour and then to track so I could feel the difference. I weight about 185lbs and I lifted my feet off the ground trying to compress the shock. He told me how the gen 5 ZL1 system had only a single charging coil on the MRC struts and it had an issue with not being able to soften the damping as quick as it could increase it. The new setup has multiple coils which allows the ability to rapidly adjust to the road not just the mode settings. Thats more than enough for me to feel that it would provide excellent performance on the track! I love the thought of not needed to buy performance shocks if I want to get serious about handling.

All I want is a solid lowering setup to get the car down without effecting any of the MRC calibration. Hopefully this will be something that comes on the next handling package/1LE/Z##