View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #9
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Will they take off or be a repeat of earlier failures? In the late 70's Ford tried it, failed, refined it greatly for an almost win (svo) even had the 2.3 putting out the same HP numbers as the V8. The car handled great but never was fast nor reliable as the V8.

I'm seeing history repeat itself as there are already ecoboost Mustangs on the streets around here. Sounding like crap and not really going anywhere fast.

The thing most guys don't seem to pick up on is you gotta launch it at like 5000 rpm to get it to even have a chance, and how long is it gonna last under those conditions?

Car is too heavy, engine is too small. They should just turbo the 3.6 then they would really have something (like decreased SS sales)

Oh what to do? It's almost like a conspiracy or something.
I disagree.....

We all know that Ford sucks so I'm not defending their eco boost crap.

The 4 bangers that GM is putting out are quite good.

I drive a 4 banger Malibu and it's 2.5 liter 4 cylinder engine is not bad. At almost 200hp it cruises along nicely.

With the new CARB regulations coming the more 4 & 6 cylinder cars are out their the better. It helps offset the high HP version we all drive.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote