View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 07:33 AM   #7
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I don't know anyone who makes a stand alone management system for doing something like this. Can anyone direct me?

As LLT's get older, my thinking is that it would be advantageous to install the LFX engine rather than the weaker LLT. There are many upgrades in the LFX. Only issue is that you cannot plug the Delphi system into the LLT body harness due to differences in the plugs. Of course, the LFX harness and ECU work together OK but it's the body harness that is the problem. If anyone can shed any light on this, chime in please!

So, you would use the Bosche harness and ECU in the LLT, as is, and simply plug it into the LFX engine. Only issue is the HPFP in the LFX will throw an overpressure code at idle and go into limp mode. Only way to overcome this is to raise the idle to 1000 RPM. Don't know if it can be tuned out. The exhaust adaption is easy. I have a twin turbo LLT and acquired a 2014 LFX complete engine and would love to do this but I need to understand a bit more about the feasibility of this conversion. Would love to use the Delphi ECU but the body plugs are the issue.

If anyone has any solutions and knowledge about this, please let me know. Lot's of LLT owners, sooner or later, will want to do this conversion, if for no other reasons than LFX engine availability and improvements in the engine itself.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote