View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 09:48 PM   #303
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
To be clear, anyone that thinks an SS won't be 200 pounds less spec for spec is just being a pessimist.

The man said the car would weigh 200 pounds less. He didn't say "some models could weigh 200 pounds or more less".

This is going to be a very small car, ladies and gentlemen. And for all the aluminium and composites they are talking about for Gen6????? They are also already in the ATS and CTS.

For those of you that keep telling yourselves that the car won't be small and will actually be built on the larger CTS variant???? The CTS V-Sport with the 3.6 TT making the same HP as my Zeta based SS weighs what???? 4,000 pounds. And that is with hugely expensive aluminium doors all around.

So take the Alpha coupe/ Gen 5 coupe comparison Dragaonerrrrrrrrrr Mr. Wyndham referemced. Now take that car and add the LT1 and V8 level of drivetrain enhancements and you will add around 125 to 150 pounds minimum. But that gets you around 3,700 pounds for an SS give or take.

I can't imagine GM has CF or aluminium panels in a $22,000 car. Now will they make alternate constructions for an SS? Maybe. For an ZL1, more likely. A Z/28? Quite probably.

The car is going to lose the weight across the board simply because it's smaller. It will also be better in almost every other way.

Interior remains the mystery. 1 month to go.

And as usual......JMO
Well i suppose "very small" is objective.
6amaro will be in between ats and cts size IMO, and i hope there was enough a$$ on the 5th Gen that they were able to keep interior dimensions if not increased them in the "right" ways. The car certainly doesn't look very small.