View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #111
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
To most in this threadName:  image.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  54.6 KB

In all seriousness those kits look expensive. What is up with needing the roll bar? Even the supercharged package won't need it at most tracks. Most tracks interpret the new late model rule as if you have a 2008 and up model and have not messed with any factory safety equipment then your good to go for anything slower than 9.99. Also, I wonder if those suspension parts were even needed since the cars had true slicks. If they were getting wheel hop with slicks then that's not so good. Does anyone know if these cars were a auto or manual? I'm sure a new auto 5.0 with a real tune, LT headers, slicks and skinnies could run that fast with no weight taken out but that's nothing new as the current car can do that. The real question is if this new car is going to be as fast as the current one with bolt ons and how for how much. With the old car if you have a auto all it needed for 11's is a good tune, 15" DR's with skinnies, and off road h-pipe. It didn't need any suspension parts or any of that other crap. The wheels for those cars are super cheap too. If the new car has to use 15" Welds to clear the brakes then your looking at some serious coin for wheels. New 5.0 owners will learn what current SS owners know all too well in regards to things like drag wheel and suspension cost. That why you don't see a lot of really fast bolt on 5th gens. It's cheaper to get some DR's and a cam upgrade than it is to get a full set of Weld wheels and matching tires.

Got to give Ford credit for even having a drag pack kit though. I'm sure this little demonstration was to try and please the minority enthusiast. Basically saying were sorry the new Mustang is not faster than the old one but to show you enthusiast that we have not forgotten you we are offering these upgrades to help in that department.