View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynon View Post
My 2010 Camaro LS (Manual 75k), died on the highway a week before Sunday night. I had it towed to the nearest shop, who told me after two work days they couldn't fix it. So I had it towed to the dealer, who has had it since last Thursday morning. I had them leave the new spark plugs (Autolite) in because they needed to be changed anyway.

Aside from the fact that I constantly have to bug them for an update on how things are going, here we are almost a week later and they still haven't told me what's wrong, let alone given me an estimate of how much it'll be to fix. It didn't have any spark when it died and as such gas ended up in the oil, and apparently in the last work day they're looking at the spark plugs and removing the oil. But I guess it's at least running on two cylinders at the moment? (I imagine it drying out sitting idle for days might have helped)

It started as a misfire that progressed into not starting at all. I had another dealer look at it a few months ago when the check engine light came on briefly and they told me they couldn't recreate it, and something about the codes didn't tell them anything. The check engine light didn't come back and the misfire didn't either until the day it died.

This dealer seems like they want to change the spark plugs again just because of the brand. This already has me on edge.

Basically I'm quite irate and wonder what the heck is going on that they can't at least give me an idea of what needs to be fixed in a week, or at least offer me a car in the interim so I can get to work. Never mind the fact that I have to pester them to talk to me. Do I have any recourse? I don't know how many hours they've spent "diagnosing" this. It's quite ridiculous at this point. I've not had any serious issues with this car prior.

Edit: Series of car symptoms the day it broke down
1. Check engine light, feels like misfire (this happened once before months ago, dealer couldn't recreate)
2. Unable to accelerate over 40mph (trying to get it home)
3. Won't start or run (didn't make it lol)
Zynon,

Sincere apologies to hear about your vehicle concerns and displeasure with the dealership. I can definitely see how trying this matter is to you. We are able to reach out to the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your GM dealer for more information if you feel additional assistance is needed. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or if you simply want your experience(s) officially documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote