View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #28
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I don't know if I'm the only one, but it seems the caliper of gm owners are transitioning into a-holes. Went to a local car show and sat with a group of owners cts-v, vette, g8 and the nicest people which I met was the cts-v owner the rest seemed stuck up like I was intruding. I find it funny that lately the quality of owners seems to be in decline usually you expect a type of car to be under that category but now it seems the age of the crowd being the factor since it's becoming a younger bunch. Hell even the mustang guys were sociable, I know I'm grumpy but maybe I'm getting old and grumpy. I just remember back in the day no matter what you had you always were social even if you gave others s#!t you just didn't act stuck up, unless it was a Honda no one likes Hondas. Anyone else run into these type of people?
If you are getting the cold shoulder at just a single event or a few events, don't worry about it too much. If it is a car show event (vs a cruise-in), the reason could be that the event is geared toward classics or antiques and that bringing a modern vehicle to it doesn't fit the show's intent ... some folks may be accepting, but you may get ignored or worse by others.

If it is recurring event, either ignore the cold shouldering and continue to enjoy the event, or find another. Go around to the other cars and show interest and talk about their vehicles (not yours) to demonstrate that you are a car guy and that it isn't all about you and your car. This may help break the ice with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
"Caliber"

Not being an a-hole. Just helping: If nobody tells you, you'll never know.
Aw, come on, give the guy a brake!

pun intended ...
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote