Thread: The trade up
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
I waited 28 months with my 1lt, they paid off what I owed on it(no being upside down) so......like someone else said in here.....wait about 30 months
Plus when you DO go to trade it in, ........be patient! Trust me, it will pay off for you. Do your research! And dont show any emotions towards the one car you fall in love with.....dealerships can sense that and use it against you. Just play it off and act like you havent made your mind up, tell them you are gonna look around some more, and walk out.
I worked the dealers for two more months until they finally gave in and made the deal, I ended up making this deal-
-Got the car I really wanted (2lt/RS, loaded out, heritage grill, convertible, doual mode exhaust, windscreen, cargo mat, stripes,etc...) a total of aproxamately worth $12000 more than what my 1lt was worth new
-Got the car knocked down $3000 less than sticker
-Got the trade in paid totally off
-No money down
-Same payment
-2000 cash back and USAA rebates
-AND........0% financing!

All for being patient......

Good luck OP, I suggest you just enjoy what you have for a couple years and that way you will be finacially ready and you will know just what exactly you will want in your next ride....