View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #34
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I followed it because the book said so. Then I had a slow car. Then I started to look into it. Then I learned a few things and talked to people.

Basically I've recently learned these things. It's called trial and error. I tried it. I didn't like the results. If you read the thread, you'll understand this.

And those Marlboros DO actually look pretty good.

Not sure why you did that though. How old are you? Really?
Well that's why I brought up the idea of a race between two identical cars that were broken in differently.

I don't know if you have a manual or an automatic... but I drive my SS auto as fast as I can get away with, and it still shifts gears at pretty low RPM's.

I have about 900 miles on it now. I'd say the engine runs smoother than it originally did. The accelerator is very responsive, and I'm still getting used to a carburetor-free automobile.

And I just don't get it whenever I read a thread about someone with their "slow" Camaro. I weigh my Camaro at work almost daily as I drive in... sit on the truck scale and it only breaks 2 tons with a full tank and me sitting in it. My Camaro is fast as hell, and I have yet to put the pedal to the metal.

EDIT: I don't see why people don't trust the book... because they think they know better than a company that is older than they are.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote