View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minge View Post
This is the same publication that slammed almost everything I own. We recently bought a washer and dryer and bought speed queens. Built like a tank but use tons of water, while they are clearly not very green friendly they wash clothes better than any machine I have ever owned. Gears a metal and all commercial type guts. They look like something out of the 1970s so if you are looking to impress your friends with them by having the latest and greatest that use so little water yours clothes do not have a fighting chance of getting clean by all means listen to consumer reports.

Moral to the story, I gave up on what was once a very good publications years ago and is now a shadow of what it once was.
+1 there "Minge". Bad thing about CR is that unless you know the product very well by owning it or somehow working around it, tough to refute their claims.

However, you are correct, everything that they do rate that I know something about, I disagree with almost completely.

BTW, I got the "old-fashioned" washer and dryer too, both commercial grade from Lowe's on sale for $900 as a set. Plus a $100 gift card and free delivery and setup. Then to top it off, used my Chase card which was offering 10% rebate on purchases at Lowe's. God bless the folks wanting the front loaders that beat your clothes over rocks in their washer and then any water left over turns to mold if you close the door afterwards. Thanks for making our washers and dryers so much less $$$$.

Best.
not is offline   Reply With Quote