View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I had to "reset" mine. I read about the following procedure somewhere on here and decided to try it. As far as I can tell it helped, but hill assist is still sometimes very annoying. Maybe this winter I'll replace the module to get rid of it completely. But at any rate, here's the procedure I followed to "reset" the torque sensor to make the HSA function better.

1. Find an empty parking lot with an incline steep enough to cause the HSA to engage (doesn't take much).

2. Come to a stop facing uphill.

3. Depress the clutch.

4. Put it in 1st gear.

5. Remove your foot from the brake and "blip" the throttle to at least 4k RPM while the HSA is holding you. (You have to be quick.)

This is supposed to reset a torque sensor somewhere (from what I read on here). All I can say is, before I did this, my hill start assist WOULD NOT release before 2sec had passed. After doing this, it releases as the clutch starts to grab, but it still seems a little grabbier than it should be. Just my 2 cents.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote