View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I am sure glad myself and a few others could help you out with all the problems we had. I can now say welcome to the club. I sure hope your installation goes smoothly. I have been saying it since my first 2012 top problems happened, replace the entire top and mechanism at the same time like they did on the 4th gens. Putting a new canvas on a used frame is like putting a thong on a cow. Just isn't going to work.
And since you are now a member of the club, how about stopping over and joining us at this group I started almost 2 years ago now.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226942550693692/
Thanks, I don't know yet if its GM stepping up or my dealer going to bat for me. I guess if we see a few more getting treated the way I have been we can be assured its GM. Then again some dealers could still be asses and make excuses....
Like I said in my other thread I felt this was so minor a problem that nothing would come of the replacement. I mean I had none of the major problems most of you have had, no 5th bow problems, no excessive wear of the cloth top, no holes and no leaks/flooding...just some minor rub marks and wrinkles that would pretty much go away with washing and the rubber piece and the top pulling away from the passenger side a little. I still feel fortunate my problems were so minor.