View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #225
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
I daily drive a CTS-V. The common materials (center stack, etc) across the CTS lineup date back to 2008. While they are not up to German and even Lexus luxury car standards, there is simply no comparison to Dodge. Chrysler may have an argument vs the outgoing CTS.

But they are not direct competitors. The SS is being imported on a limited basis. The Charger is mass produced. Only the SRT8 and SS will compete for the same buyer. Buyers have had 8+ years to buy the Charger. There are people (myself included) that never cared for the look or heft of them. Given the choice I would take the SS every time. And you are right, i am not buying one, but I know enough about the demographic, i am not THAT much younger than 40, wish i was. Challenger, mustang, or Camaro for me.

Speculation on your part. Simply put, you are not the target audience for the SS or SRT8 for that matter.

Looks are subjective and this is where we differ. You like the look of the Charger, I do not. To me the SS looks much more refined inside and out. I have always loved the Commodore VE, the Charger just never did anything for me. As someone who buys a new car every 2-3 years, I would lay down $44k of my own money for the SS. I would not for the Charger. It's that simple.
i am sorry, but in the current CTS, the materials are not that impressive, and you are corect the new CTS will blow away the 5 year old design and materials of the current CTS. And yes, it is all speculation right now, we will as I said, lets reveisit this after the SS has been out say, 6 months and see how it is doing. And opinions are great, that is why we have different cars, otherwise we would all be driving Camrys.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote