View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
If there's one thing I hate more than the v6 versus v8 threads, it's threads like these.

As usual, someone who doesn't understand the difference between "General Motors" and the "dealership." Your dealership is simply using General Motors as the scapegoat just because they're not going above and beyond to make your life easier.

Every single complaint in your post is a complaint with your dealership, not General Motors.

You're upset because your dealership was willing to get you a rental car, but it wasn't convenient enough for you. If your dealership was competent, they would have had a loaner vehicle on site at the dealership such that once you drop your vehicle off you would be able to sign some liability paperwork and then leave with one of the dealership's loaner vehicles. My wife's dealership has loaner vehicles and if they know they're keeping the car for a few days, they simply issue one of their loaner vehicles to the customer. They sign a few papers and off the customer drives with the loaner vehicle. Pretty simple and painless.

Furthermore, practically any part that the dealership doesn't have in stock can be overnighted. I know that when I custom order parts from my wife's dealership that I always have gotten the part overnight. Most of the parts come overnight standard, not even as a special order. Again, I bet your dealership screwed something up on getting the part in - either didn't specify overnight or the order got misplaced and now they're blaming GM.

Lastly - who is refusing to "sell you an OnStar module with bluetooth"? Your dealership. Not GM. If you want to buy something, you go into the dealership and tell them you want a part, give them the part number, and they order it. Simple. They might as for a VIN, but it won't stop them from ordering it.

I understand you're frustrated with the situation you're in, but creating a thread (in your own words) to bitch about General Motors isn't the right way to get your situation resolved. You know GM Customer Service is on the site, and it's not hard to find them. You could have sent a private message to Jeff and talked to him about it. Instead, you're blasting the company that this site is based on. What do you expect to gain?

I don't understand threads like these...

My dealership is incompetent, better go to an online forum dedicated to Camaro enthusiasts and bash the company that made it all possible.