View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #189
togtaker
togtaker

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by booenson View Post
I made this thread a while ago to complain about the notchiness of 2-3.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97186

I'm wondering now if the two problems are related to each other? To sum up my problems, under any rpm, any load, warm or cold, my M6 will occasionally have a slight nibble between 2 and 3, never any other gear, 4-3 is fine as well. What I'm talking about is when you have the shifter centered and are about to put it into third, about halfway through theres a little notch that I can definitely feel, and can also feel a bit when the car is off. It definitely makes an audible noise when it happens.

When I took my car in for the spoiler TSB, I mentioned this to my service advisor and he said to give it a few more km's to break in a bit more. Just for shits and giggles, I also test drove a 2SS with ~12 000 km's on it, and sure enough, it did the same thing.

For the record, I'm absolutely fine with my clutch. It's a weird one but it hasnt given me any problems yet, knock on wood.

I'd like to upgrade to an MGW shifter but I don't know if that will solve the problem, or simply amplify it. I also wouldn't mind trying some Mobil 1 ATF however I'm wondering about warranty issues down the road regarding the tranny and/or clutch.

Can you maybe post up your service report or even just the part numbers used? What did you have to complain about first before your dealer did this repair?
I took it in for the grinding 1-2. Dealer called tech support, they said operating as designed pause your shift. Then I went to customer service on the website, got the same answer. Sent a letter to the executive office. Talked to them, they went to the head of engineering, called the dealer and told them what parts to order. It's a pain but you just have to stay on it until they fix it.
togtaker is offline   Reply With Quote