View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #32
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFly03 View Post
Piece of monkey shat dealer.

I took it in there for 6 problems, each of which I could point to a TSB and the dealer claimed that all of the testing falls within tolerances. I showed him the video of my suspension making that clunky noise and I got nothing. The guy wouldn't do shit.

I thought about starting an argument and getting huffy but I'm already thinking of selling the car and buying a GT500. Reason being that I thoroughly enjoy the view out of the GT500 more than the Camaro not to mention the true navigation. I also had less mechanical difficulties with the Shelby than I have had with the Camaro.

So since I wasn't dead set on keeping it and it could easily be gone in 2-3 weeks I decided to just take my car back and think about it. None of the problems I have will show up on trade in of the car so they really only need to be fixed if I keep it.

VERY disappointing.
I think you are a good candidate for a trade in like I was. I loved my Camaro SS however with all the problems I could not see it surviving long past its warranty without me having to spend some big change on it at some point. Shifting should be smooth and not clunky. None of the Camaro's competitors have clunky shifters, even the ones using the same Tremec model. I have yet to hear of one person posting how smooth their Camaro shifter is compared to "XXXX" other vehicle. It is usually the opposite.. That should wake some engineers up in my opinion..