View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
I will be ordering some adjustable sway bars but since I have no mechanical skills and won't have the ability to make sway bar adjustments myself what is the best adjustable sway bar setting to start with for a daily driver?

My thinking is start with the medium setting and ride that way until I need to take the car in for some other type of service and adjust to a different setting then.

I saw in a thread where one of the Pedders guru's suggested trying each setting for a few days and then decide which is best for you. Although this sounds like the best way to get the best feel for each setting it's not really practical for me.

I would have to take it to a shop and have this done each time and I really don't have the time or patience to do this. This is why I plan to have them adjusted to different settings when I bring it in for services which hopefully is far and few in between. Also if/when I make adjustment to my sway bars how does that affect my alignment? Would I need to do an alignment everytime I adjusted my sway bars?

So what is the best set it and forget it setting for sway bars for a daily driver that won't see any track time, just aggressive street driving, not menace to society street driving but spirited street driving indeed.

So give me your opinions about the adjustable sway bar settings from the professional stand point and from your experiences with your own sway bar settings and choices.

Thanks
Here is my .02 and it may only be worth just that.

I say if you have no intention of adjusting your sway bars, have you thought about say Pfadt's balance bar? This is a great solution for those users whom as you described have no ability or desire to adjust the suspension, yet still gain a great level of performance.

Or if you are set on adjustable sways (which that is no issue) I would consider placing the rear end links in the middle holes here is a nice chart of Pfadt sway bar anti roll levels which may help you understand how to better set your sways bars, this may be similar for other vendors however I can not confirm.

Hope this may help, good luck and if you have any questions on products or pricing please let me know.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote