View Single Post
Old 05-23-2024, 10:58 AM   #14
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Someone I used to work with bought a brand new 2006 Sky Redline. In midnight blue with black interior. Fantastic car with the turbo 4 and 5 speed and 20” alloys. I always thought they looked much better inside and out than the Solstice. Clean, crisp lines and a sharp, aggressive nose.

Yes most of that is pretty much what Bob said in the interview. There’s more parts to it with Adam on his Rare Classic Cars channel on YouTube and IIRC Bob also alluded to the whole Chrysler proposal (of course he used to work there as well).

But when the task force refused to listen to Bob’s proposal to save Pontiac is when he “had enough of this (stuff)” and retired.

Unreal how sharp he still is at 92. And like George Burns, always with a big stogey in hand
Fun fact. I used to sit along the wall behind him (and my boss) in one of the forums where these discussions were taking place. Always liked to hear Bob’s perspective on things.

Fun fact#2: During the wind down of Pontiac I went to the local Pontiac / Buick dealer to get an oil change on my assigned vehicle. They had a Solstice GXP Coupe in the showroom that between the GM discounts and the money on the hood to clear out Pontiac inventory, I could have rolled out of the showroom for about $12,000. Called the wife to ask permission and got a David Letterman Top 10 list of why I shouldn’t do that. A few years later I was in my Chevy dealership getting a vehicle serviced and they had a Camaro Fifty SS Convertible in the showroom. Learning my lesson from the Solstice experience, I bought it and begged forgiveness. That’s why you guys have to put up with me today.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote