View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 06:17 PM   #8
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline_or_nothing View Post
21 zl1 1le with 6spd, 12k miles. I don't track the car but do go for spirited drives on twisty mountain roads. I bought the car last year with 3600 miles on her. The very first spirited drive i went on, after 5 minutes of aggressive braking, the brakes start to hum and the pedal gets stiff with a huge loss of braking power. When this happens, i can tone it down for 5 minutes and then the hum is gone and pedal is normal until i start using the brakes aggressively again. I did the brake booster test where i pumped the brakes with the car off and got the stiff pedal and then started the car and the pedal does go down a little so i dont think its the booster. Fluid is full also and i don't see any cracks in the vacuum line. I did replace the pads but the old ones were oem and still had plenty of pad material. In the picture, the old pads are in front of the new ones. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks for any insight.
Check the fluid level in the reservoir and make sure the last hacks who worked on it didn't overfill it -- there is a fill line in there that should not be exceeded.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote