View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 11:15 PM   #6
SS_AL

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS l4 turbo
LTG Piston/Ring History

I had the same problem with my stock internals, I was pushing 500hp at the crank (check my other posts for an HP Tuners log), I basically had the same setup you had, I gradually started losing power, started to smoke, so I did a pressure test and a borescope, Piston #1 looked "off" on the one side, the cylinder pressures were all over the place, Blowby got to the point to where the oil cap was jumping all over the place if I just set it over the filler hole, and losing about 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles, so I said Oh shit! there's something not right, I parked it immediately, It took me about 3 months, to pull, disassemble, replace with forged pistons and rods, and put everything back together, Long story short, (I know it's too late now), but if you push your motor, it's going to push back, just catch the problem before you score your cylinder walls, I lucked out, another week of driving with the motor like it was, I would be replacing the block. since the rebuild, I've driven 5,000 miles and have 0 oil in my catch can. Good luck bruh, these are 3 different pistons, the 4th was the same. Good luck bruh, I hope it nothing, But this will probably be your future.
Attached Images

SS_AL is offline   Reply With Quote