View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 08:06 PM   #177
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Two posts in one day! I also attended the Beijing Auto Expo yesterday... please don't be angry but a representative from Ford send me a free ticket.

The exhibition center is about 15 minute bike ride from my new house, it was across the street from my old house, but at least I didn't have to fight for a parking spot or some people travel from all over China just to see the show.

I have been chatting with a Ford representative for a few months regarding the Dark Horse. My Camaro is getting up there in age and the only car sold in China that I am remotely interested in is the Mustang.

So to get me to become more interested the car she invited me to the exhibition. I would have gone anyway, but it was nice to get a free ticket. While I was there they also treated me to a coffee and snack in the VIP section of the Ford booth. I had a great conversation with them and also learned a lot about the China edition of the Dark Horse.

Here are some interesting facts- due to the Chinese environmental department being more strict that the US, the 5.0L has been detuned. Not sure of the HP but the 0-60 time is around 4 seconds, but it's around 3.7 for the US version.

Only 200 Mustang Dark Horses will be imported into China and will all be the same- automatic transmission, blue Brembo calipers and non-carbon fiber wheels, so I think its just the basic Dark Horse with no options.

The price is around 700,000RMB or as of today comes to about $96,673 USD

I tried to configure it on the US website and it looks like it would be about $65,805 USD for the version they are selling in China. In the US it would cost about $866/ mo and the sales rep told me that if I were to put down a 20,000RMB ($2,762) down payment, there would be no interest for a few years and the monthly payments would be about 12,000/mo ($1657/mo), for 5 years, with options to pay off early. Which, to my current working situation, wouldn't be too difficult for me.

The downside would be I'd be a Mustang owner, and the cost of insurance and gas would go up.

The positive would be finally having a V8 of my own and being able to own 1 of 200 Dark Horses in China...

That being said, I only know of a handful of Silver Camaros in China, so there are probably even less of my Camaro than the Dark Horse.

Anyway, my wife doesn't let me spend $20 on the Lego Mustang Dark Horse, so I doubt she'll let me get a new car that would cost more in every way.

Thanks for reading and here is the video I made from yesterday. Most of the other cars in the exhibition were electric SUVs with gaudy lights and features to take the fun out of driving...

https://www.dongchedi.com/ugc/articl...ation_backflow
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote