View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 05:46 PM   #9
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
Hey Josh, it's been a while. I was just reading and catching up on your build which I see you're 3.0 now!

Smooth boost is new, never heard of that before. Will look into it. Sound like the boost controller of some sort.

I just love how quiet the Michelins are but its way to dangerous.
All I hear about the toyo's is how loud they are and last my OCD doesn't want Michelins up front and toyos out back,
Yeah always upgrading something my friend. Welcome back to the board.

I think you’re better off scaling down the power a bit on the street and the Smoothboost is perfect for that. I usually run around 750-800 WHP on the street and the R888R is surprisingly good there (but louder than many would like). I think you’d like the 555R2 (NOT G2!) honestly and will give them a try myself at some point. But if you’re at 900 WHP on a Whipple 2.9, then you’re spinning it pretty hard and the drawback will be nasty midrange torque on the hit that you really cannot control…ask me how I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Alas, the tire industry has not been able to keep increasing per-tire traction, so cars moved to AWD for very high horsepower applications.

One either compromises severely on the street beyond 700-ish rwhp by running crazy drag tires or slicks, or if not, adding more horsepower simply reduces usable accelerator pedal travel...
Agreed!