View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 07:00 AM   #15155
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Replaced the drive belt tensioner that was slowly leaking oil and looking messier every day. Not a difficult job, even though I had to remove the supercharger belt first, I finished in less than 30 minutes. Very little clearance around the supercharger tensioner, but I worked around that with the classic pipe-over-wrench "leverage multiplier".

Interestingly, the new part online GM parts sites recommended for my 2018 was redesigned around the boot (see picture below, I bet because of the issue several people had with the original part (see this thread as an example). I hope the new design will hold up better, and the good folks across the ocean in Slovakia who assembled it did a good job

While I was under the hood, I popped in a new Roto-Fab dry filter as well, because I noticed some oil in the intake duct and suspect that it was from the previous oiled filter. We'll see if the dry element works better, I chose the oiled one because we have a ton of dust in the mountains where I love to play.
Arpad_m. How many miles/engine hour before it started to weep? I’m wondering if I should order one now and have it on the shelf for future need, along with the other super charger idler pulleys and tensioner.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote