View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 06:56 PM   #65
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
oh and ported MSD and bigger TB is definitely the way to go NA IMO, I never had a LT2 intake so I can't comment; but for several years I had a NA setup full build with ported MSD and a 7100 to 7350 fuel cut (forget now I'm old) and it was a really sweat setup especially on E85. Fuel cut was only so I could do 0 - 60 in first gear bragging rights only as the manual LT1 losses 1/2 second on the shift and the ZL1 can actually hit 60 in first.... Needless to say it was kind of fun seeing how fast a camaro m6 on street tires can do 0 to 60, hint it is faster NA full build than FI.... I'm sure with 00 DR or slicks and / or prep track it would be different. I won't say what I could do with a NA M6 on street tires... as I'd be called every name in the book. LOL.

I'm backed to FI now and the rev limiter is at 6900 so unless I score a Zl1 trans, my 0 - 60 days are over as the car is a handful to ever launch, which it can't, it is more like ease into it on a clutch slip and never go to WOT or you will get sideways, granny shift ease out the clutch and apply power but no WOT not yet or you will go sideways, wait for it and sometime in third you can actually WOT if the road is smooth, straight and dry... but I have had the car get squilley even in 3rd...

NA was no lift shift and bang away especially above 2nd gear, with DR 100 wear I could bang no lift shift NA 1s to 2nd with just some wiggle out the back... actually kind of scary... near stock M6 no lift shift was fun all gears, sometimes I miss that. Long story short my favorite setup to date no holds barred: NA max build with a reasonable cam on E85, my least fun setup was large lift cam, ported heads, p1x supercharger, with marginal fueling... cam died and till the LPE HP pump and injectors and DSX second fuel pump I could never really use the breathing provided by the cam, heads and headers.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote